Mishimoto BMW F8X M2C/M3/M4 Air-to-Water Intercooler
- Direct fit for the 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3, M4, and M2 Competition
- 29% increase in core volume
- 16% increase in flow
- Average power gains of 11 whp and 8 wtq when combined with Mishimoto Heat Exchanger
- 12°F drop in intake air temperatures with Mishimoto Heat Exchanger
- Unique single-pass core design for improved cooling capacity
- Cast aluminum end tanks with incorporated diverters for maximum flow
- Bar-and-plate core for maximum cooling efficiency
- Micro-wrinkle black powder-coated finish for sleek aesthetic in the engine bay
- Compatible with stock and Mishimoto charge pipes
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
BMW has a knack for maintaining its stake as the benchmark when it comes to performance luxury vehicles, with the F8X generation being no exception. The S55 that powers the 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3, M4 and M2 Competition is dripping with technology, which includes an air-to-water intercooler as a means of keeping cool. Where BMW’s intercooler design was enough to help bring this generation of mid-sized M’s to their peak, we here at Mishimoto found some weaknesses that we felt obliged to address.
We started with the end tanks. The Mishimoto Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler features full, cast aluminum end tanks, TIG-welded to our bar-and-plate core for maximum durability as you increase the boost in your Bimmer. Our end tanks also include internal air diverters on both the inlet and outlet to ensure an even flow of charged air through the core. When it comes to the core, bigger is better, and we were able to expand the size of our core in all dimensions, resulting in a 29% increase in core volume while abstaining from any modifications when it comes to the installation. Our new core also features a unique single-pass internal fin layout for the coolant passage for optimal heat transfer from the charged air to the coolant.
With our improvements combined, we saw the Mishimoto 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3 and M4 Performance Intercooler increase flow through the core by 16% and recorded a 12°F drop in intake air temperatures when tested with the Mishimoto Performance Heat Exchanger. We also recorded an average increase of 11 whp and 8 wtq during our testing with peak gains of up to 31 whp and 10 wtq.
With the micro-wrinkle black finish and sleek header plate design, the Mishimoto Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler makes the perfect addition to your F8X build and looks right at home in the M’s engine bay. Like all of our products, the Mishimoto 2015–2020 BMW F8X M3, M4, and M2 Competition Performance Air-to-Water Intercooler is backed by the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty for a lifetime of support for all of your performance needs.
(1) Performance Intercooler
Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
We Also Recommend
Keyed Crank Hub Fix Kit- M3 / M4 / M2C S55 (DESIGNED BY MAXIMUM PSI)